Skip to main content

Memento

Materials Used:

  •  Wood
  • Wood Glue
Artist Statment:

For the Memento project, a boarding memory I picked memory of when I was looking st going boarding school my senior year. This memory meant a lot to me because of the journey that it not only brought me on but my mom and my family as well. Each side of the sculpture is a feeling that I experienced on my journey. the steps represent the steps I had to take in finding the school and the start of my journey. the part of a tree trunk represents's the symbol of the school its self.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Longing

Sentence One: "The body is the primary mode of perceiving scale."  -On Longing, Susan Stewart For this sentence, I pick a picture of me and my friends in a snow globe. This photo was taken at an event at the college.  You can tell how big the snow globe is because we are inside of it. Sentence two: "Capacity of objects to serve as traces of authentic experience." -On Longing, Susan Stewart For this Picture, I picked a picture of me at the bean in Chicago. I pick this picture because I will all ways look back at it and remember my time there. I will never forget getting right off of the plain and the group that I was with was already making plains to go and that moment was very special to me.  Sentence three: "The souvenir reduces the public, the monumental, and the three-dimensional into the miniature, that which can be enveloped by the body." For this quote, its I picked a picture of my mom’s birthday cake. I pick this because

Balsa Wood Sculpture

Materials Used : Balas Wood Paper wood glue Artist Statment: For these two Sculptures, We had to create one with just Balsa wood and one with balsa wood and paper. for the balsa wood, I wanted to bring the ocean to the classroom. I wanted someone to think about the Ocean while on a boat when the sun is setting. for the second sculpture, I used the paper and balsa wood to give a camp vibe with the paper 3D triangals.